Recently I discovered a promising FOSS blogging software called Write Freely, see https://writefreely.org/. It integrates with the Fediverse, ie. anyone on Mastodon can follow the blog and get notified when I post new stuff. [Not so much edits, lol]
So I diced with signing up to a free and unaccountable instance of WF, to play at being an author for a while, which disappeared as quickly as it had become known to me.
Fortunately, the Chromium browser on my R-Pi 400 had held onto a full copy of the whole [short] blog, which I was able to save off before I'd lose it by reloading. Phew!
(Not that what I lost & found was of earth trembling importance. But it was a bunch of sketchy sketches as I was going through hell again, which I'd like to keep to hand. I'm more curator than author I suppose).
After I've got this post off my chest, I'll repost the few articles I scraped together on Write Freely. It's cerainly a nice simple user experience.
In other news:
Dad is now mercifully free of this potty planet. He died over 4 days from Fournier gangrene last February, probably thanks to years of catheterisation and a couple of years of plandemic mismanagement repercussions to his care home's functional qualities. In the end it took all the palliatives we could beg for, to keep him out of pain. Hospital is not hospice. He had to die in hospital, there was no opportunity to arrange hospice care. We had to advocate for him constantly, to people with little training or time for the needs of the dying.
This makes an open-minded caring person wonder, what the fuck is wrong with this country that it must aim to keep even the dying alive, at all costs? Where, tell me, is the compassion and intelligence of that?
Dad tried, or gestured, to kill himself several times in my lifetime. You generally don't bother with that stuff unless you're in unbearable pain. Curiously he never spoke to me about suicide or voluntary euthanasia (VE) aspirations, throughout the 12 years he lived after his major stroke. I wish now we'd discussed it and put something in writing, if only to challenge our current VE-denying laws.
If you'd like to step up for legalising VE in UK, please read this, sign the petition, and share hugely :) https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/
Live long and prosper.
Comments
Post a Comment